Guilty by association is collective guilt. It is the controversial collectivist idea that a group of humans can bear guilt above and beyond the guilt of particular members, and hence an individual holds responsibility for what other members of his group have done, even if the person has not done this.
Translation? If you are around other people, you are likely to be lumped in with the dominant traits/actions of the group.
Using the logic that the first lady is using, I propose the following:
- Soccer moms send husbands to teach the top chefs in the world how to make mac & cheese.
- Tom Brady and Wes Welker send their supermodel wives to the front office of any sports franchise and consult owners on how to run the team. They could probably coach a team too.
- Oscar Pistorius does world tour on how to prevent domestic violence.
- An undeclared freshmen teach classes to tenured professors how to encourage participation in classes.
- Metta World Peace gives a seminar to all major religious leaders on anger management and promoting peace.