Monday, November 21, 2011

L...is for the way you look at me

Yep. If any of you listen to Nat King Cole, you've probably guess my next topic. L-O-V-E.

"True love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT — mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe."
-The Princess Bride. 

Bahahahaha, sike. I'm probably the least qualified person ever to talk on the subject of "L" word. But today I am going to address the "L" word.

Have you ever noticed how many things you "L" word in one day?! I myself "L" word a good morning breakfast of bacon, chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and some 2% milk to wash it all down. I "L" word my new purple hoodie I found at Wal Mart. I "L" word hanging with my buddies. Now I've never "been in L word" but just right there I've "L" worded 3 different things.

Lately I've noticed how often people (especially girls) throw out the "L" word to everyone and anyone. (Yes, I realize you are probably reading this and it's dawning on you who you are, and that you are the inspiration behind my post. haha. It's all in good fun. No insult or malice intended.) Back to the subject:

Why do we feel the need to say the "L" word when "like" is more than effective. Facebook has it figured out! If they could get a double like I would "double-like" that. But I definitely wouldn't "L" word it. "L" words are like steak dinners. You shouldn't give em out all the time. Pretty soon people will start taking your steak dinners for granted and treating them like the smarties you get during Halloween. And everyone knows smarties are the worst. How about we start mixing in these words:

like
adore
enjoy
fancy
appreciate
have a weakness for
care for
find irresistible
hold dear

I hope this helps improve your vocabulary. And brings more meaning to your "L" words. Oh and I hope you all "L" word this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment