Wednesday, November 9, 2011

on the wing

Recently one of my close friends has gone through a tough breakup. Long term dating with hopes of marriage were crushed in an instant. Luckily for him, he's got some awesome friends. (cough...like me) We don't want to see him down. When he is not 100%, there's a noticeable void in our fun level. So obviously it was up to us (his friends) to help release this newly liberated animal back into the wild. (the dating scene for those of you not following this)

Currently I have an apple in my eye. No not literally. Just, there's this girl that is pretty great so I don't really see a need to look elsewhere. Well, this puts me on permanent wingman duty for buddy. Which is soooo fun. Anytime he wants to talk a girl, (at a party, bonfire, any social setting) all I do is come over for moral support, occupy her friends, and keep the conversation going long enough so he can score some digits. Then it's all up to him.

Fortunately I know of lots of girls that would love to hang with my buddy. Lately I have been setting up stuff so he can go 'window shopping' if you get what I mean. I think it's a blast. It's super relaxed for me, just hang out with the girls other friends. But wingman-ing is a subtle art. You don't want to be overbearing trying to set them up, but also make sure they don't think you're the one pursuing them. So I've been fine-tuning my skills as of late. Not to be boastful, but things are going great. He's doing just fine; and hopefully this trend continues through the semester, heck maybe even the whole school year!

So for those of you who want some tips on wingman-ing. You're reading the wrong blog. I can't give away my secrets, but I can say: when you're good buddy get a shot at a hottie that you set him up with, you can't help but feel like you were a part of that victory. Even if all you get to do is distract her friend so they can have some 1-on-1 time. It's kinda like when you're favorite team wins a game, and you were there to cheer. That win feels like it was, even if just a little bit, your win too. He's gonna chill with another one this weekend. Put another one in the 'win' column...

No comments:

Post a Comment