My dad forwarded me an email that makes a ton of sense! Don't take these statements as universal truths. Not all societies are zero-sum, but these illustrate great points. Anyways, these are 5 great sentences demonstrating how our current government is helping weaken this great nation.
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is
going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Our founding fathers didn't start this nation as a charity. Nor do I believe they would want the government to become as socialist as Europe. We need new leadership that understands the importance of hard work, family values and fearing God.