Monday, October 3, 2011

when you wish upon a star

So I was talking to my friends the other day, and the topic of women are more mature than men came up. I didn't disagree at all. If you've met me you would say that women are DEFINITELY more mature than men. Well that got me thinking, "why is it that women are more mature?" and the answer came so clearly that I had to share.

Think about it. What do little girls want to be when they "grow up?" Think about the games they play with each other when they are little. I know both of my sisters played games like 'house,' 'mom,' etc. Games that showed their deepest desires were to get married, have a house, and raise some kids. So obviously they want to grow up fast and be able to realize their dreams!

Now think about guys. When I was little, I played 'cowboys and indians,' 'secret ninja spy,' and all sports. I can honestly tell you that I have never ridden on a horse to chase down some indians and killed them with a 6-shooter. After seeing the movie 'the recruit' I could definitely tell being a secret spy with amazing hand-to-hand combat skills wasn't for me. Statistics say 1% of college athletes will go pro. After knee surgery and several injuries following surgery, I knew football wasn't in the cards. So now what am I going to be when I 'grow up'? An accountant. I'll bet there aren't many 5 year-olds out there that walk around all day punching numbers into a calculator for fun. Don't get me wrong, some guys do end up living the dream. Pro athletes, firemen, Santa, the guy in the Wienerschnitzel hot dog. But the large majority of boys never get to be what they wanted when it's time to 'grow up'

Hopefully you are putting together the pieces. If guys stay immature and don't grow up too fast, we can still hang onto our childhood dreams and being a pro athlete, a wild west cowboy, and go on secret missions to get the bad guy. I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty awesome to me! I'll grow up later...

No comments:

Post a Comment