Sunday, January 22, 2012

this is just a tribute...

I've been a 49er fan my whole life. Fun fact: I was named after Steve Young. The 90's were the glory days for me! Seemed like every year the Niners were the team to beat if you wanted to win a superbowl. Not to mention the beating they laid on the Chargers in 95. Yep, that was the year Young threw a record 6 touchdown passes in a superbowl. Then the millennium hit. And we sucked. Bad. Made it to the playoffs in 2003 and other than didn't even have a winning record.

2004 Looked to be our year when A. Smith got drafted, but still nothing. Picking up Vernon Davis and Frank Gore the next year didn't do anything either. Till this year! A new head coach, Jim Harbaugh, took hold of the team and led them to the NFC championship and a 14-4 record. Tonight, sadly, it ended in a well fought battle against the team which I hate most. (Yeah I'm still a little upset)

Oh well, After going 9 years without a playoff appearance, then beating the saints and getting to where they got...this was a pretty sweet season. From Donte Whitners big hit last week
to Vernon Davis and Alex Smith's heroics on "The Catch 3"

It's been one hell of a ride. Thanks for a fun season Niners! Big shout out to my boys:
Justin Smith
Aldon Smith
Alex Smith
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore
Patrick Willis
Teddy Ginn Jr
and the rest of the squad!

I've said it many times, and it's still true...There's nothin' finer than a 49er!

No comments:

Post a Comment