Wednesday, February 15, 2012

basically a utopia...

So a friend of mine, posted a video up on facebook a few weeks ago. A trailer for "The Vow." I made it about 8 seconds before I couldn't watch anymore. In that moment I realized something. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of movies that would never exist if the world only catered to men. Also, there are plenty of actors that wouldn't have to degrade themselves by doing these cheesy, it-could-never-really-happen-in-real-life, movies. A few came to mind. 





*DISCLAIMER* Chick-flicks are fine, I have no problem with them, if I'm watching one it means I'm kickin it with a girl that I am into. All I'm saying is these actors would probably be out of a job, or have to do real acting if these chick-flick movies were non-existent.

Channing Tatum. Really? I mean, just cuz he takes his shirt off every other scene, doesn't mean he can act. We could have been spared the awfulness of such movies as "Step Up" "Dear John" "Step up 2" and "She's the man." He did play in "Coach Carter" which is an excellent film, but just like that movie, if he had to play a role in a movie that wasn't retarded, he would be supporting cast, at best.

Ryan Reynolds. Awful. If you ever read Bill Simmons you'd know he thinks the same way. This is just a good looking dude that Hollywood is trying to shove down our throats and convince us he is a good actor. If he wasn't so popular with the ladies, they could have gotten a real actor to play the green lantern and that movie might have been worth watching. I'll admit, he was the right character for x-men origins: wolverine, but again, a supporting role. Nothing major. If he had to do play any real part in a movie, besides the good-looking kind-of-but-not-really-that-funny character, he would be out of a job. Probably would reside in Vegas as a chip n' dale dancer.

Ben Affleck. Or as I call him "Ben Affliction." He is awful. Ladies, just cuz you might think he is good looking in the right light at the right angle. Doesn't mean he is a good actor. Daredevil? Probably the worst superhero movie made. Not that it was an inherently back script, but ol' Ben is like the reverse King Midas. Everything he touches turns out crappy. He even managed to make a potentially excellent film, Pearl Harbor, weak with his awful and embarrassing acting skills.

Those are just 3 actors that would be out of a job without the female support they thrive on. Now ladies, you can make a change. You can use the brain of yours and realize that these, among many other actors, are actually really awful and no amount of good looks can make up for it. Do I think they are bad people? No. Do they suck at acting and tend to ruin movies? Yes. Do I think I could do better? Probably not. But you aren't paying $10 to watch me on the big screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment