Sunday, February 5, 2012

the unspoken rule...

There is a rule that has been unspoken, that needs to be spoken. I'm talking about the Sunday afternoon nap rule.

There's a sacred time, that should be dedicated the the day of rest. As a college student, I like to party pretty hard. Friday and Saturday aren't days for sleep. They are days for hockey, pick-up basketball, watching sports, cabin parties, and just having a blast. So come Sunday, I usually need some sleep. After church all I want to do is make some food, throw on some shorts, and fall asleep. Lately I've been getting a bunch of phone calls and text messages during nap time. Needless to say, they are not very welcomed.

So here is the rule, so everyone knows: On Sunday, the hours of 1pm - 4pm are off limits for communication if no previous plan has been made. I though this was common knowledge but apparently not. Unless someone is on fire running down the street or its the zombie apocalypse, I don't want to be disturbed during my nap. Those couple hours are the precious rest I need to make it out of bed Monday morning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to get mad at you for giving me a shout, but if it can wait, it should. And just to make sure you laugh by the end of this post...

What is brown and rhymes with Snoop?


Dr. Dre. (what were you thinking? poop? get your mind out of the gutter. Courtesy of Jeff Ure)

No comments:

Post a Comment